- 2 garlic cloves
- 8 oz shrimp
- 1 tbsp basil pesto
- 2 oz shredded Asiago cheese
- 2 tsp Mirepoix base
- 3/4 cup Arborio rice
- .6 oz butter
- 4 oz grape tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 2 green onions
- olive oli
Bring 3 1/2 cups water to boil in a small pot. When using fresh produce, thoroughly rinse and pat dry. and Don’t Forget to WASH your hands
- Prepare the ingredients
- thinly slice the tomatoes
- Trim and thinly slice green onions on an angle. Keep the white and green portions separate
- mince garlic
- pat shrimp dry
- Making the Bruschetta – In a mixing bowl, combine tomatoes, white portions of green onions, garlic (to taste), 2 tsp. olive oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Set aside
- Making the Risotto
- Place a medium pot over medium-high heat (about 7) and add 1 tsp olive oil. Add rice to the hot pot. Stir occasionally until toasted and opaque. (1-2min)
- Add mirepoix base and 1 cup boiling water from the small pot. Rice should be covered by the water. Stir often until nearly all the water is absorbed.
- Add 1/2 cup boiling water and stir often again, following the instructions above. Repeat the process until the risotto is no longer crunchy. Make sure to taste. (18-20min)
- Remove from burner. Stir in butter, cheese (reserve about 2 tbsp for garnish), garlic salt, and a pinch of pepper. Cover and set aside.
- Cooking the Shrimp
- Heat 1 tsp olive oil in a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat (about 7). Add shrimp to hot pan and cook undisturbed until seared on one side. (2-3min)
- Flip and cook until shrimp reaches a minimum internal temp of 145 degrees. (1-2min)
- Remove from burner and stir in the basil pesto and bruschetta until combined.
- Plate the dish with risotto on bottom, topped with bruschetta-shrimp mixture and garnish with cheese and the green portions of the green onions.